Grilled Oysters with Parmesan & Champagne
A delicious and decadent recipe crafted by seafood experts & online fishmonger Wright Brothers.
- Time – 10 minutes
- Serves 6
- Difficulty – Easy
- 6-12 fresh oysters
- champagne or prosecco (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- handful of parsley
- a wedge of lemon
- Shuck your fresh oysters and pour out their liquor (less excess liquid will help them grill nicely).
- Lay them out on a baking tray or, preferably, on a standing rack.
- Pour some champagne or prosecco in a bowl and use a tablespoon to pour the champagne on each of the oysters (this is optional, you can choose to not include alcohol if you prefer).
- Grate a generous amount of parmesan on each of the oyster.
- Then place your dressed oysters in the grill for 3-4 minutes at 200 degrees or until the parmesan starts to bubble.
- While your oysters are grilling, grab a handful of parsley and finely chop them.
- Remove your oysters from the grill once they are done. As the oyster shells are very hot, carefully transfer the oysters to a plate using kitchen tongs and let them cool.
- To add a little more indulgence, add a drop of champagne or prosecco to your cooked oysters (optional) and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Squeeze a touch of lemon juice on each oyster and serve.